Sunday, September 21, 2008

Homeopathy.

A word for the weary... This isn't a post I'd particularly want to be viewing.

Anger is my drug, Obsession/Paranoia are my chasers.

I want to discuss my experience with homeopathy. When I was 14 my mother took me to a homeopath to try and combat my depression and self mutilation.

This man asked my mother about me, she told him that we were here because I had been cutting myself. This "doctor" asked me if I had been depressed. I (being co-operative and pleasant) said yes. The "doctor" asked me why, and I began to discuss certain situations in which I would feel angry ( friendship problems/ not achieving perfection etc). My mother pitched in saying that I had been angry even as a child, bringing up memories such as, when I was a baby I would clench my fists so tightly that my mother had to use force to unfurl them.

I told the homeopath that my friends called me Tiger because I was aggressive and the scars on my arm were like stripes. He jumped on the use of the word tiger and described to me a former patient who had been a young boy. This boy had been extremely aggressive, biting people and generally being very unruly. The homeopath said that he recognized the tiger in this boy and prescribed him a remedy he called tiger... He told me that this so called " tiger" contained genuine tiger's blood and this would combat the feelings of aggression.

The homeopath also jumped when I told him that I felt inadequate compared to others around me. He referred to the periodic table, discussing with me the element Palladium. He told me that the element Palladium is situated next to Gold, Silver and Platinum. These "more important" elements made Palladium feel inadequate. He therefore also prescribed me palladium tablets. This was to combat my feelings of inadequacy. 

I am now eighteen. The last time I cut myself was a week ago. I have felt rage recently, I feel inadequate constantly. I did take the remedies prescribed to me at first. I however had no faith in them after they failed to cure me of my "conditions."

This year, I went to the doctor ( the real doctor) by myself and told her that I needed help.

1 comment:

ÆListair said...

... Homeopaths induce my aggression. Seriously, if Penn and Teller taught me anything (actually quite a lot) it was that homeopathic "medicine" is "BULLSHIT" (is that a nerdy reference to make?)